The health and safety of our staff, guests, students and volunteers is our top priority.
Below are key items to keep in mind before you arrive and during your visit. We will be adding information to this page regularly, so please check back often!
Mercer Museum & Fonthill Castle Operating Hours:
Open Tuesday – Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Yes! We have two castles.
84 South Pine Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
The Mercer Museum is a six-story reinforced concrete castle designed by Henry Mercer and completed in 1916. Today, it is one of Bucks County’s premier cultural attractions and a Smithsonian affiliate.
The museum complex features local and national traveling exhibits, as well as a core museum collection of over 50,000 pre-Industrial tools. This permanent collection offers visitors a unique window into pre-Industrial America through sixty different crafts and trades, and is one of the world’s most comprehensive portraits of pre-Industrial American material culture. The museum also features a research library that is a center for local history related to Bucks County and the surrounding region.
Timed-entry slots for Mercer Museum:
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Exclusive hour for Seniors 65+ and Immunocompromised Guests
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – General Admission
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – General Admission
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:00p.m. – General Admission
Mercer Museum Tickets:Mercer Museum Tickets Exclusive Hour Tickets for Seniors 65+ and Immunocompromised Guests
* Please Note: You can search for additional dates and times by clicking “Other Dates” and “Other Times” within the ticketing platform.
All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for a new date or time.
525 East Court Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
Fonthill Castle was the home and showplace of Henry Mercer.
Mercer completed Fonthill Castle in 1912. The castle serves as an early example of reinforced concrete architecture and features forty-four rooms, over two hundred windows and eighteen fireplaces. Fonthill Castle’s interior features Mercer’s renowned, handcrafted ceramic tiles designed at the height of the Arts and Crafts movement.
Due to its historic nature, Fonthill Castle has limited accessibility with steep stairs and narrow, uneven passages throughout the site.
Fonthill Castle Tours:
Please make sure to arrive no later than 10 minutes before your tour time.
Fonthill Castle Admission
Fonthill Castle Tickets:
Fonthill Castle Tickets
* Please Note: You can search for additional dates and times by clicking “Other Dates” and “Other Times” within the ticketing platform. All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for a new date or time.
All dates subject to change. All museum offerings will have limited capacity until further notice.
Mercer Museum Library: Appointments will be needed to use the Mercer Museum Library facilities in order to maintain the necessary reduced capacity within the space. Please contact Annie Halliday at 215-345-0210 ext. 126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a time slot.
- Tuesday/Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Research time slot: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday – Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Research time slots: 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday/Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Before You Arrive
- In order to limit on-site staff interaction, as well as prioritize entry, all members and guests should reserve or purchase tickets prior to their visit online. You can bring a print-out of your ticket or your mobile phone confirmation as proof of purchase.
- Any remaining tickets for timed-entry slots will be available for purchase at our castles on a first-come, first-served basis each day.
- ADMISSION DISCOUNTS
Member Guest Pass:
If you have a Member Guest Pass ticket to redeem, please book a “Member” ticket type on our online platform and present your guest pass at museum check-in.
Admit One Pass:
If you have an Admit One Pass to redeem, please book a “Member” ticket type on our online platform and present your Admit One pass at museum check-in.
Library Membership Pass:
If you have a Library Membership Pass, please book a “Member” ticket type on our online platform and present your Library Membership Pass at museum check-in. These Membership Library passes are good for up to four people in a party (good for any combination of adults or children).AAA:$1 off adult ticket – AAA card required at check-in.Discount code for online tickets is AAA.Blue Star Families / Active Military:Year-round free admission for active-duty military personnel and up to 5 family members – Active Military ID required at check-in.Discount code for online tickets is MILITARY.Local Teacher:One free adult ticket for full-time teachers from PA, NJ and DE. – Valid School ID required at check-in.Discount code for online tickets is TEACHER.Veterans / Retired Military:50% off an adult ticket for veterans or retired military.Discount code for online tickets is VETERAN.
- In an effort to keep our guests and staff safe, we ask that you kindly refrain from visiting the castles if you are feeling unwell. Masks will be needed to enter the castles, so please plan ahead.
- All guests will enter the Mercer Museum via the Helen Gemmill Plaza entrance, adjacent to the museum’s parking lot located on Scout Way, between Green Street and Pine Street. Guests for Fonthill Castle will park in the designated areas of the site’s parking lot and will preferably enter via the Swamp Road (Rt. 313) entrance.
- Any payments made on-site by credit or debit card are preferred; however, cash will still be accepted and handled with the utmost care.
During Your Visit
- Per CDC guidelines, all staff and guests (ages 3 and over) will be required to provide and wear a cloth face covering or mask while they are inside our museum buildings. A limited supply of free paper face masks will be available if you forget yours at home.
- Guests are encouraged to visit the restrooms often to wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to help prevent the spread of infections.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the museum for guests to use.
- Elevators will be limited to one individual/group party at a time.
- Maximum occupancy numbers will be enforced in accordance with CDC guidelines, and access to the Martin and Warwick Foundation Galleries will be facilitated by museum staff to ensure proper social distancing.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, a handful of exhibit spaces may be unavailable.
Our Museum Shop will be open with new procedures to maintain staff and guest safety.
- BCHS reserves the right to remove any person who does not adhere to the safety guidelines shared signage on-site or verbally by BCHS staff members.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions. We are here to help!
Please see our COVID-19 page for COVID-related updates: www.mercermuseum.org/covid19/
|Senior (65 and up)||$13|
|Ages 5 and under||FREE|