Bucks Mont Regional
National History Day Resources
General Contest Resources
1. For general information about the national program, please visit the official National History Day website.
2. All students, teachers, and judges can read the full rules in the official National History Day contest rule book.
3. Top entries from the Bucks Mont Regional NHD Contest will advance to the Pennsylvania State NHD Contest. More information about the next level of competition can be found on the Pennsylvania State NHD Contest website
Contact Jeff Hawks at firstname.lastname@example.org for any state contest inquiries.
Annual Theme Resources
1. For more information about the annual theme, Debate and Diplomacy in History: Successes, Failures, and Consequences, read the: 2022 National History Day Theme Book
3. To get started selecting a topic related to the theme, use the 2022 National History Day Theme Graphic Organizer
- “NHD Topic Tips” video series produced by NHD staff
- “NHD Quick Tips” video series produced by NHD staff
- “NHD Rules” video series produced by NHD staff
- “Quick Digital Research Tips” video series produced by NHD staff
- “National History Day 2021: Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training” video produced by the Association for Diplomatic Studies & Training
- “NHD WebCentral” video series produced by NHD staff *for website category only*
Project Category Resources:
All NHD projects are evaluated using category specific evaluation forms. Students, please read the criteria in the evaluation forms carefully as they have been updated for the 2022 contest.
- Paper Category Evaluation Form
- Website Category Evaluation Form
- Documentary Category Evaluation Form
- Performance Category Evaluation Form
- Exhibit Category Evaluation Form
Learn more about the 2022 NHD Regional Contest and find helpful resources in the PDF below.
- “Help I’m a New NHD Teacher” video series produced by NHD staff
- “2022 NHD Teacher PD” video series produced by NHD and partner organizations
- “2022 NHD Partner Tips” video series produced by NHD and partner organizations
- “NHD 2022 Tips” video series produced by NHD staff
Website Resources from NHD Partners:
1. Guide to Student Research and Historical Argumentation: This comprehensive guide written by NHD, the Library of Congress, and nine NHD teachers from across the nation includes resources, activity sheets, and more.
2. NHD partnered with multiple cultural organizations to curate a series of resources, including topic ideas, primary and secondary sources, lesson plans, and more, specific to this year’s theme. Click here to find links to all these websites and resources.
NHD offers a number of professional development opportunities to teachers through webinars, live videos, summer institutes, and teacher workshops. Click here to learn more about the upcoming professional development opportunities for teachers from NHD.
For questions or more information, please contact email@example.com.