Mercer Museum & Gift Shop Hours
Open Seven Days: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
New timed-entry slots for Mercer Museum:
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Exclusive hour for Seniors 65+ and Immunocompromised Guests
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – General Admission
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – General Admission
- 4:00 p.m. – 6:00p.m. – General Admission
The castles will be closed every day from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. for additional midday cleaning. All guests will be asked to leave the premises between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
(Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day)
(Close at 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve)
- Appointments will be needed to use the Mercer Museum Library facilities in order to maintain the necessary reduced capacity within the space.
- The library hours will be Tuesdays/Wednesdays from 2 pm – 5 pm and Thursday – Saturday from 10 am – 5 pm.
- Four researchers will be allowed in the library at a time, for 3-hour time slots starting on 7/21. These research hours will be as follows: 10 am – 1 pm, 2 pm – 5 pm.
- Please contact Annie Halliday at 215-345-0210 ext. 126 or email email@example.com to reserve a time.
Mercer Museum & Library Admission
|Senior (65 and up)||$13|
|5 and under||FREE|
In order to limit on-site staff interaction, as well as prioritize entry, all members and guests should reserve or purchase tickets prior to their visit online. You can bring a print-out of your ticket or your mobile phone confirmation as proof of purchase.
Any remaining tickets for timed-entry slots will be available for purchase at our castles on a first-come, first-served basis each day.Mercer Museum Tickets Exclusive Hour Tickets for Seniors 65+ and Immunocompromised Guests
For additional information on our new safety and health procedures, visit mercermuseum.org/welcomeback/
Credit cards are accepted for payment at both the Mercer Museum and Fonthill castle.
Purchase admission in person at the Mercer Museum Front Desk. See the Kids’ Activities page to download materials prior to your visit.
The original Mercer Museum is partially handicapped accessible (approximately 65%) by elevator. The new wing, which includes the changing Exhibition Gallery and Learning Center, is fully accessible including restrooms. Additional educational program areas are or can be fully accessible. Fonthill Castle has limited accessibility, however, a ground floor tour may be arranged. Please notify us when you make your reservation if your group includes individuals with special needs.
Please note that the historic castle portion of the Mercer Museum is not climate controlled and may experience fluctuations in both temperature and humidity depending on external weather conditions.
The main lobby and changing exhibit gallery at the Mercer Museum are climate controlled.
Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older). Teenagers 13-17 may visit without an adult but are not permitted to supervise children 12 and younger.
Directions & Parking
The Mercer Museum has a free parking lot in front the building and is located in historic Doylestown, PA, approximately 45 minutes north of Philadelphia. The GPS address is: Pine Street & Scout Way.Group Visits