National History Day is successful because of the contributions of our volunteer judges.
Volunteer judges are instrumental in providing feedback for student projects and helping students grow as researchers and budding historians.
Volunteer judges read papers, review websites, watch documentaries and performances, and evaluate exhibits.
In order to become a volunteer judge, you should be able to commit to:
- Access to a computer and reliable internet service
- A virtual judge training on Wednesday, February 21, 2024 from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Evaluating 5-7 student projects on your own time between Wednesday, February 21 and Monday, March 4, 2024.
- A two-hour virtual judging session on a specific evening between March 4 – 12, 2024 (exact date TBD)
- Bonus: Meet with students in person for volunteer judging at the 2024 Bucks Mont Regional NHD In-Person Contest at Delaware Valley University on Saturday, March 16, 2024 from 8:15 am – 12:30 pm
TO REGISTER TO BE A 2024 VOLUNTEER JUDGE
Registration opens on Tuesday, January 2, 2024.
Registration closes on Monday, February 12, 2024.
To register, please visit the Bucks Mont Regional NHD Registration and Contest website. Refer to this registration guide for step-by-step instructions on how to register as a judge.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.