WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN WE OPEN
As the Bucks County Historical Society reopens, the health and safety of our staff, guests, students and volunteers is our top priority.
Below are key items to keep in mind before you arrive and during your visit. We will be adding information to this page regularly, so please check back often!
Key Opening Dates and Tickets:
Thursday, July 23 – Public Opening for the Mercer Museum
Mercer Museum Tickets
Exclusive Hour Tickets for Seniors 65+ and Immunocompromised Guests
Monday, August 3 – Public Opening for Fonthill Castle
Fonthill Castle Tickets
* Please Note: You can search for additional dates and times by clicking “Other Dates” and “Other Times” within the ticketing platform.
Open Seven Days: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
New timed-entry slots for Mercer Museum:
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Exclusive hour for Seniors 65+ and Immunocompromised Guests
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – General Admission
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – General Admission
- 4:00 p.m. – 6:00p.m. – General Admission
New Fonthill Castle Tour Times:
|Seven Days a Week|
|10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.|
|10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.|
|11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.|
|12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.|
|2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.|
|3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.|
|3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.|
|4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.|
|4:45 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.|
The castles and Fonthill Castle Welcome Center will be closed every day from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. for additional midday cleaning. All guests will be asked to leave the premises between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
All dates subject to change. All museum offerings will have limited capacity until further notice.
Before You Arrive
- In order to limit on-site staff interaction, as well as prioritize entry, all members and guests should reserve or purchase tickets prior to their visit online. You can bring a print-out of your ticket or your mobile phone confirmation as proof of purchase.
- Any remaining tickets for timed-entry slots will be available for purchase at our castles on a first-come, first-served basis each day.
- ADMISSION DISCOUNTS
Member Guest Pass:
If you have a Member Guest Pass ticket to redeem, please book a “Member” ticket type on our online platform and present your guest pass at museum check-in.
Admit One Pass:
If you have an Admit One Pass to redeem, please book a “Member” ticket type on our online platform and present your Admit One pass at museum check-in.AAA:$1 off adult ticket – AAA card required at check-in.Discount code for online tickets is AAA.Blue Star Families / Active Military:Year-round free admission for active-duty military personnel and up to 5 family members – Active Military ID required at check-in.Discount code for online tickets is MILITARY.Local Teacher:One free adult ticket for full-time teachers from PA, NJ and DE. – Valid School ID required at check-in.Discount code for online tickets is TEACHER.Veterans / Retired Military:50% off an adult ticket for veterans or retired military.Discount code for online tickets is VETERAN.
- In an effort to keep our guests and staff safe, we ask that you kindly refrain from visiting the castles if you are feeling unwell. Masks will be needed to enter the castles, so please plan ahead.
- All guests will enter the Mercer Museum via the Helen Gemmill Plaza entrance, adjacent to the museum’s parking lot located on Scout Way, between Green Street and Pine Street. Guests for Fonthill Castle will park in the designated areas of the site’s parking lot and will preferably enter via the Swamp Road (Rt. 313) entrance.
- Any payments made on-site by credit or debit card are preferred; however, cash will still be accepted and handled with the utmost care.
During Your Visit
- Per CDC guidelines, all staff and guests (except those under age 2) will be required to provide and wear a cloth face covering or mask while they are inside our museum buildings. A limited supply of free paper face masks will be available if you forget yours at home.
- Guests are encouraged to visit the restrooms often to wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to help prevent the spread of infections.
- An increased number of cleaning procedures will ensure that high-touch surfaces and restrooms are disinfected, including a midday closure from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. every day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the museum for guests to use.
- Elevators will be limited to one individual/group party at a time.
- Maximum occupancy numbers will be enforced in accordance with CDC guidelines, and access to the Martin and Warwick Foundation Galleries will be facilitated by museum staff to ensure proper social distancing.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, a handful of exhibit spaces may be unavailable.
Our Museum Shop will be open with new procedures to maintain staff and guest safety.
- BCHS reserves the right to remove any person who does not adhere to the safety guidelines shared signage on-site or verbally by BCHS staff members.
Mercer Museum Library
- Appointments will be needed to use the Mercer Museum Library facilities in order to maintain the necessary reduced capacity within the space.
- The library hours will be Tuesdays/Wednesdays from 2 pm – 5 pm and Thursday – Saturday from 10 am – 5 pm.
- Four researchers will be allowed in the library at a time, for 3-hour time slots starting on 7/21. These research hours will be as follows: 10 am – 1 pm, 2 pm – 5 pm.
- Please contact Annie Halliday at 215-345-0210 ext. 126 or email email@example.com to reserve a time.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We are here to help!
Please see our COVID-19 page for COVID-related updates: www.mercermuseum.org/covid19/